There is several benefits of personal hygiene routine. But before coming to benefits of personal hygiene let’s discuss what is personal hygiene. Personal hygiene means how you take care of your body. Each and every day you come into contact with a lot of germs, bacteria, and viruses.
They can stay in your body and also can make you fall ill. Proper grooming and practicing healthy personal habits helps you to stay away from illness. Practicing good personal hygiene routine can be beneficial for yourself.
Some Type And Benefits Of Personal Hygiene Routine
1. Restroom hygiene
Our hands have a lot of things each and every day and come into contact with a million germs. Different types of viruses and bacteria are present everywhere around your surroundings. So, it is important to spare some time to wash your hands with hand sanitizers or liquid soap with water before having meals or snacks, after using the restroom, after visiting any public places etc.
Clean your hands properly and make sure that nothing remains under your nails. After washing, dry your hands or wipe with a clean towel. This helps in removing the residual germs to a great extent.
2. Oral hygiene
Taking care of your gums and teeth is a great way to avoid cavities, tooth infections, and gum diseases. You should brush your teeth twice a day. Apart from brushing your teeth two times a day, flossing is additionally required every day to expel the plaque between the teeth appropriately.
Otherwise, there can be an increase in the chances of the cavity and other oral diseases. So floss between your teeth every day and use antibacterial mouth wash to keep your breath fresh.
3. Shower hygiene
Individual preference may direct how regularly you wish to shower, yet the vast majority of the people will benefit by rinsing alternate days. Showering with soaps helps wash away dead skin cells, bacteria, and oils. You should wash your hair regularly somewhere around two times every week.
Shampooing your hair and scalp enables evacuate to skin development and protect against oily deposits that can bother your skin. Use basic personal hygiene products for your care that can do wonders. So go for some high quality and cost-effective products for a gentle and caring result.
4. Sickness hygiene
In case you’re not feeling well, you should find a way to keep from spreading germs to other people. This incorporates covering your mouth and nose when sneezing, cleaning down imparted surfaces with an antibacterial wipe or hand towel, hand sanitizers and not sharing any utensils or any gadgets because this might lead to infections, rashes inflammation etc. Likewise, promptly discard any dirty tissues, Ear wax because they are perfect places for germs and dirt to get accumulated.
5. Nail hygiene
Keep your nails short and clean by trimming it regularly. Brush under them with a nail brush or washcloth to clean away dirt and germs. Keeping your nails clean helps you avoid germs into your mouth. Also, you should not bite your nails because it increases the chances of the germs to enter your body that can cause various problems.
6. Menstrual Hygiene
It is important that at the time of the menstrual or period you have a separate set of panties to be used during that time of the month. Use warm water and add disinfectant to wash blood stained clothes. Also, clean yourself or take a proper shower every time you change your pad. These few things will really help you to stay away from infections.
7. Use Deodorant
A beneficial personal hygiene tip is to use deodorant for smelling fresh and cool. Deodorant is mainly used to control excessive sweat and displeasing body odor caused by sweat. You can use natural and aluminum-free deodorant to reduce health risks. Buy deodorant that is comfortable and suits your body as there are strong, mild and light odor deodorants available.
8. Set a Daily routine
Make sure that you perform all your daily hygiene tasks properly and promptly. Set up a daily schedule so that it becomes easy for you to maintain your work as well as your personal hygiene task. Personal hygiene tasks like cleaning hair, bathing, brushing, shaving etc. should be done every day to create a sense of daily routine and stability.
How Personal Hygiene Routine Benefits our Daily Good Life?
Personal hygiene is how you carry yourself and how much you care for your body. This practice includes proper hand washing, taking a regular bath, brushing your teeth properly, and many others. Maintaining proper personal hygiene is beneficial for your physical as well as mental health. Along with physical and psychological health, the benefits of personal hygiene can be seen in protecting from various health issues.
Few Benefits Of Personal Hygiene Routine
- Benefits of personal hygiene routine are directly related to your health. A poor personal hygiene routine means more chance of getting ill. Most of the time the side effect is minor but some it leads to a serious illness.
- If you have a personal hygiene problem than odor is not the only issues. According to the Center For Disease Control, poor personal hygiene also spread sickness. It also disturbs the interpersonal relationships, social interaction & job, and school performance.
- On the other good personal hygiene make you come off as a capable person with the self-worth & self-confidence. It also helps you to live clean & healthy.
- According to the CDC, i.e., Center For Disease Control, every time you touch any surface, sneeze, prepare food, change a diaper, handle your pet or use the bathroom you pick up potentially harmful organisms.
- But simple washing your hand or taking a proper bath can stop you from transmitting cold, flu, and infections caused by the viruses & bacteria on your skin.
- But if you don’t wash and bath regularly you are more likely to suffer from illness. If you have any wound or skin problem than personal hygiene become more critical because it helps you to maintain skin health & pH.
Learn more about benefits of Personal hygiene for healthy and good Life Style, the best ways to practice it, and how you can change your daily life habits to make yourself look better and feel healthy.
Personal Hygiene For Kids
In everyday life, we can experience several benefits of personal hygiene in a kid’s life. One of the simple benefits of personal hygiene for your kids is that it keeps them physically and mentally healthy. A kid’s having good physical and mental health enables them you grow healthy and wise. Here are we have listed a few personal hygiene habits which you should learn your kids:
- Brushing Teeth
- Hand Washing
- Nail Hygiene
Some Frequently Ask Question Related To Benefits Of Personal Hygiene
1. What Are The Importance Of Personal Hygiene?
Maintaining good personal hygiene is directly related to less illness and better health. But poor sanitation leads to some minor health issues like body odor, and greasy skin. But some time-poor hygiene also leads to some series of health issues. For example, if you don’t want your hand frequently, you can quickly transfer germs and microbes to your mouth or eyes. And this can leads to the number of health issues, from stomach viruses to pink eyes. Not maintaining personal hygiene can also affect your self-confidence. Looking good and feeling presentable can gives you a confidence boost and a sense of pride in your appearance.
2. How Do You Maintain Good Personal Hygiene?
A good personal hygiene habit includes:
- Wash your hand with soap before you prepare food or eating your food. And you also need to wash your hand all the time you go to the toilet
- Wash your hair with soap or shampoo at least once a week
- The clothes we wear should be adequately cleaned with soap or detergent. After washing, makes sure to hang your clothes in the sun to dry it. Because the sun rays kill the microbes which may cause some kinds of diseases
- Clean your teeth at least once a day. Brushing your teeth after each meal, making sure that gum diseases and tooth decay are avoided. It is essential to clean your teeth before breakfast and immediately before going to the bed
- We should also take care of respiratory hygiene because sneezing and coughing in the crowded room makes it easier to spread cold and flu germs